Valais in Summer – A Trip Between Heaven and Earth
Imagine the smell of fresh summer grass combined with majestic mountain views. This is Valais in summer.
A holiday destination with picturesque peaks and valleys.
California in Switzerland, this is the affectionate nickname the locals use to name their home. The special microclimate conditions you can find in Valais contribute to a summer period characterised by warm summers with low rainfall. These conditions are perfect for experiencing the regions many outdoor activities, whilst been surrounded by the regions unique mountainscape with its 4000 m summits. The range of activities, regardless if its sports, sightseeing or just discovering the natural beauty of Valais is endless. Our many ideas and recommendations will help you plan your dream holiday. The *** Hotel Alpes & Rhône is your perfect summer partner in Valais.
Our guests recommend:
- Suonen Walks: Varied and interesting walks along the unique Valais Alpine water transportation system.
- Vineyard Trail: “Le Chemin du vignoble” – a vineyard trail between Martigny and Sierre.
- Cycling Trips: Choose between day trips along the Route du Rhône 1 cycle path or the exitement of mountain biking.
- (Infos to self-service loading of bicycles on trains operated by SBB)
- Book your bicycle in Martigny: www.wallisrollt.ch
- Via Francigena: A pilgrimage along the Via Francigena using Martigny as a milestone.
- Motorcycling: Use our hotel as a hub to experience the best alpine curves of the Valais mountain passes.
Or just get to know our canton and its residents:
- Our Giants: Mont Blanc and The Matterhorn, visit Chamonix or Zermatt.
- Chocolate and Cheese: Typically Swiss, visit the Callier chocolate factory and see the cheese manufacturing in La Gruyère.
- Museums: Visit our unique museums – Chaplin’s World and The Alimentarium in Vevey, AQUATIS aquarium and vivarium and The Olympic Museum in Lausanne or the Fondation Pierre Gianadda in Martigny.
- Christian History: The Church Treasure in St. Maurice, Chillon castle on Lake Geneva, The oldest playable organ in the world at the Valère basilica and Tourbilllon Castle on the hills of Sion.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites: The terraced vineyards of Lavaux & discover Valais the biggest wine producing area in Sitzerland. (The New wine outlet Les celliers de Sion, the wine trail “Le Chemin du vignoble”, or the Wine Museum in Salgesch)
- Lake Geneva Promenade: Wander along the lovely promenades on Lake Geneneva, Montreux, Vevey, Le Bouveret, maybe take a short cruise or visit the Chillon Castle.
- Spectacular Train Rides: Take the rack and pinion railway up to the impressive Emosson Dam and its picturesque lake, the TMR-Mont Blanc Express to Chamonix or the Goldenpass-Chocolate train to Broc.
- Relaxation: Relax in the wellness oasis’s that can be found in our Spa centers at Lavey-Les-Bains, Saillons-des-Bains or Ovronnaz.
Click the topic for more information